Thursday, February 23, 2012

My Fat Tuesday Shindig

Ok, so I didn't ACTUALLY have the party on Fat Tuesday. It was the next day, but oh well, close enough! LOL. You know you're getting to a place of contentment in your life when you start hosting dinner parties for your nearest and dearest.  So, yesterday I hosted a party at home with the Mardi Gras theme. It was just a small intimate occasion, not a big deal, but it gave me soo much pleasure to cook for my friends. And boy did I cook! I was really pleased with the way my shrimp n grits came out! (and so were my guests lol) It was slammin!! The menu consisted of shrimp n grits, shrimp po boys, pan seared cod, mashed red potatoes with sour cream n chives, apsaragus and cheesecake variety. I tell ya, sometimes it's the simple things in life that can bring you the most joy, and for me, it came wrapped in a warm cozy evening at home with a few close friends and a slammin cajun, comfort food cuisine! Oh, and I mixed up some great refreshing cocktails. Among them, the sweet tea vodka with lemonade and fresh lemon slices was the hit of the party, and the remy with sweet tea was the close runner up! Check out the pics below, and hope they inspire you to invite some loved ones over and serve them with some good southern hospitality!! Enjoy:)


No comments:

Post a Comment