Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Key West Kickin It

Wow! I had such a great time last weekend. Where else can you go that has authentic Cuban cuisine, deep sea fishing charters, beautiful beaches, and endless entertainment??? Good ol Key West! It all started with an adventurous 12 hour drive...yes I said drive. Not sure I'd drive it again...although it was something seeing the sun break through the ominous night clouds onto a purple/blue colored sea that stretched as far as my eyes could see.  We were driving into daybreak on a single lane bridge, sky wide above us, sea stretched and flowing below....simply beautiful.  The December days there were brilliantly bright, with not a cloud in the sky....ok, so maybe there were a few but it didn't seem like it.....wind blowing just enough to remind you of the life in the air. The occassional random rooster walking by crowing like people talking on the street.  Oh yeah, and everybody was smiling that "life is good" laid back Key West smile.  While deep sea fishing on the whimsical waters of the Atlantic, my lil dude caught a barracuda as big as him and a grouper as big as me! Next, we went to get matching tattoos....his being henna of course!  Perusing Duval Street brought with it a lot of lovely sights and designs from local and national artists.  Animals carved out of gemstones of every color in the rainbow.  Paintings had that signature Key West bright playfulness.  Mojitos that worked their mojo. A Christmas parade with jammin Santas of every nationality...lol. It was truly a fresh and unforgettable experience. God willing, I'm surely going back! You know I've included some quick camera phone pics of the beuatiful things I saw for your viewing pleasure!

No comments:

Post a Comment