Monday, November 21, 2011

Cold Weather Cook: Cooking Up A Storm!

Thanksgiving is this week, and since these chilly nights have rolled in, I've found myself craving those particular culinary creature comforts associated with this type of weather. Among these recipes are Chili,  various Cajun creations, old school homestyle like fried chicken or meatloaf and cabbage right down to homemade chili dogs.  You ever heard of Tater Tot Casserole? I hadn't until my BFF shared this favorite childhood recipe with me recently, and man was it good! lol. So what has inspired this sudden outburst of kitchen creations? Who knows, but my family LOVES it! Much of it probably has to do with me cherishing these rare quiet nights I have at home and giving in to that oh so womanly desire to nurture. Those in the music business and those associated with the music business understand what it's like to go days, maybe even weeks or months without some homecooked food. Needless to say, we learn to appreciate and cherish the simple gestures in life, and for me those simple things include things cooked up in my kitchen!! So, go ahead! Look below to take a peek at pics of what I've made recently!! It just may inspire you to give yourself or your nearest and dearest some homecooked love:)

No comments:

Post a Comment